Sunday, June 10, 2007

Early Onset Alzheimers

I find it funny that there are things I forget about myself. For example, I regularly tell people that I don't have any allergies. When in fact I am allergic to kiwi fruit. If I eat one, my ears and back of my throat itch uncontrollably and sometimes my gums bleed, which I'm assuming means that I'm allergic. I haven't been officially diagnosed or anything - but it seems like a no-brainer. (I remembered this rather violently this weekend when I thought it would be fun to eat a kiwi.)

I also forget that I have scoliosis. On those forms that ask for your medical conditions I blithely write down "none" all the while forgetting that I do have one, even if it's such a mild case that it takes a team of nurses staring cockeyed saying, "Hmmm. What do you think, Ethel? It does look a little bit curved." This was extremely traumatizing for me as a pre-teen since it involved me without my shirt on in front of the PE teacher and school nurse. No wonder I've blocked it.

I also forget my blood type. Actually I'm not sure if I ever knew it. I should put this on my list of things to find out.

Sheesh! If I ever get married I supposed I'll have to cut my husband some slack if he can't remember things about me because apparently *I* can't remember things about me. And I'm supposed to be the expert!

No comments: