Friday, December 29, 2006

Project NYR

Possibly the only good things about having a birthday so close the the beginning of the year is that it's very convenient for A) remembering how old you are B) setting goals for your next year. I don't have to worry about my New Year's Resolution conflicting with my Birthday goals. For example, a New Year's Resolution (Build up Savings Account) will never get overwritten by a Birthday Goal (Buy a new laptop). I can confidently set my New Years/Birthday Goals at once. Just Set it and Forget it!

(Do other people set birthday goals? maybe thats just something I do since it's so close to New Years and it all gets rolled into one.)

So with no further ado, here is this year's NYR:
Get to work by 8:30 AM. - I've been strolling into work at 9, 9:30, 10, and even 10:30! for the past few months. This is truly pathetic! Any normal employee should be able to manage to get to work before 9AM. I realize I'll need to ease my way into this, so my completion date will be March 1, 2007.

I think this is completely do-able.
I can't wait to give it up for Lent.

No comments: