Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Relative Hilarity

I think I'm pretty damn entertaining. As a matter of fact, I think I'm one of the most entertaining people I know. In idle moments I'll think about funny things I've said or done, and it makes me think, "Gosh! I'm just so darn entertaining! How lucky I am that I can be constantly entertained by ME!" And then I read my blog entries over and over and revel in my entertainingness.

But let's not make this about me. For a brief moment in my selfish life, let's look to others who also entertain me. Of course there are the professional entertainers - can't get enough of Demitri Martin, for example. But looking closer to home, my little brother Derek is a terribly entertaining fellow. His antics put me to shame! I don't get to see or hear nearly enough from him since he lives in Portland OR and hasn't been able to master the concept of time zones. But when I do there's sure to be some jewel of entertainment, such as:

Why do cancer kids always have names like "Landon"? It's like cursing your kid to have cancer if you name him something like that.

or

Hey! I'm glad your coming out because I sold you to one of the Mexican prep cooks at work. I figured you would fetch the highest price because of your bilingual abilities. It will be cool. Cruz is his name and he is about 4 feet tall and he works out. He has a little bit of a temper, but I am sure you could tame him.

The kid makes me laugh full-belly laughs. So I'm glad there are other entertaining people in this world that I can look to in case I ever tire of looking at myself. (Don't be a hater, that might happen.
One day.)

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

what is it about boys named derek? my brother derek also makes me laugh, although his comments are usually things like, "man, look at all that sweet pow." this translates into "the fresh powder snow is awesome." but he makes me laugh.