Monday, July 23, 2007

The Reason I Have a Huge Grin on My Face

10 lbs of Freshly Picked Blueberries!
(Not freshly picked by me, of course. Let's get real.)

I froze 24 cups, and saved the rest to gobble hand over fist. Maryland doesn't have much in the way of really excellent produce ... but these blueberries ... MMMM! Can't get enough. I'll have plenty of frozen berries to use up, so if you have a favorite recipe, send it over. I'll post them on the Foodees site.

I'm hoping to start a new diet craze with The All Blueberry Diet. The idea is to eat as many blueberries as possible all day long. And Voila! Before you can say Doopity-Do you'll be Blueberryrific! It's been a success for me! Look at these results:


(Can't you just see Veruca saying, "Daddy, Why does she get to be such a gorgeous blueberry? I want to be a gorgeous blueberry too!" And Mike TV, of course, is totally speechless -- for once -- in the face of such radiance!) HA! Such a happy diet! Suzanne Somers eat your heart out.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the Juicing Room.

7 comments:

Daniel said...

Where did you get all these beautiful blueberries? How do I get some? They are nature’s perfect snack. And so yummy in pancakes.

Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretchen said...

I bought them at Butler's Orchard in the middle of nowhere Germantown. You can pick them yourself (along with other fruits and berries) if you're so inclined. I'm lazy, so I don't incline. I recline.

They ARE nature's perfect snack. And these are particularly perfect. Nary a too-tart one in the bunch. I hope they freeze well! If not, I'll be eating a lot of pancakes.

soundofstilhed said...

Loved the picture and the reference to the juicing room. I always wanted to take a lift in the fizzy lifting drink room.

Camie said...

I must testify that I have tasted these blueberries and they are delicious.

erinmalia said...

you know i love the photo as you as veruca. it's just lovely.

erinmalia said...

uh, i meant violet. oops.