Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Sucker for Lists

  1. Were you named after anyone? No, not named after anyone. But my Dad wanted to name me Gertrude. Fortunately my Mom is the one in our family that appreciates the effects of childhood teasing, and she put a stop to that.
  2. When was the last time your cried? Cry, cry? Like when I had a reason? I can't remember. I cry for no reason in particular all of the time. Like if a Hallmark commercial comes on, or if someone does a particularly good job on So You Think You Can Dance.
  3. Do you like your handwriting? No. I consider my handwriting "impressionistic" - just giving the impression of what word it should say. I type at all costs.
  4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey
  5. Do you have kids? Nope.
  6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Heck yes!
  7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Not really. I prefer irony, dry and on the rocks. Sarcasm is overrated, I think.
  8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes. The only thing I've lost is my wisdom teeth. That was miserable.
  9. Would you bungee jump? Oh yea .... that's on my Life To Do list
  10. What is your favorite cereal? Peanut Butter Captain Crunch or Shredded Mini-Wheats
  11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes, because I double knot them. Otherwise, I'd probably kick them off.
  12. Do you think you are strong? No. Not at all.
  13. What is your favorite ice cream? Strawberry!!! Strawberry!!!
  14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Usually whatever I'm obsessing about. Right now it's Teeth (since I've got braces). But if I approach from behind I also check for visible panty line. I really hate VPL.
  15. Red or Pink? Can I choose both? If not, pink.
  16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? Right now, my toenails because they really need a pedicure and I'm too cheap to go get one.
  17. What do you miss the most? The days when I was busy and important at work. Good times, good times.
  18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Blue jeans, barefoot (staring at those horrible toes).
  19. What was the last thing that you ate? Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms - perhaps the most nirvana-inducing, utopia-achieving food that has ever been packaged for the benefit of mankind.
  20. What are you listening to right now? Lily Allen
  21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I'm feeling a little aquamarine right now. But I'm not sure what my permanent color would be. Probably something in the orange family. Because it's warm, but unexpected.
  22. Favorite smells? Freshly mown lawns. Herb gardens. Rain. And that buttery smell the heater in my car makes when it's heating up.
  23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My brother Kevin. It's his birthday. Happy Birthday Kev!
  24. Favorite sports to watch: Motorcross! or any of the X-games, or those Strongest Men In the World competitions where they lift ridiculously heavy weights like cars or trains. Those are pretty awesome.
  25. Hair color? Before I dyed it the last time it was a dark golden brown ... but I think it was starting to darken into a full fledged "dark brown". Hooray! Goodbye mousy hair!
  26. Eye Color? Hazel.
  27. Do you wear contacts? No - I have 20/20 and am SO thankful for it!
  28. Favorite foods? Chicken enchiladas, Hot wings, a great Cheeseburger, hot dogs, instant mashed potatoes, and PIE - I love pie!
  29. Scary movies or happy endings? Definitely happy endings. I can't even watch scary movie trailers.
  30. Last movie you watched? Rented: Kinky Boots; Theater: Once
  31. What color shirt are you wearing? Hot pink.
  32. Summer or winter? Summer
  33. Hugs or kisses? Kisses.
  34. Favorite desserts? Pie. I love Pie.
  35. What book are you reading right now? "The Penderwicks", but I just got Shannon Hale's newest book "Austenland" from the library, so I'm super excited to read that!
  36. What is on your mouse pad? I don't have one at home - at work it's just plain black. I'm so boring!
  37. What did you watch on TV last night? Actually nothing. But I watched 11 hours on Sunday, so I think I'm set for a while. (If you want to know what's going on on the Lifetime channel I can catch you up).
  38. Favorite sound? A really good thunderstorm.
  39. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles.
  40. What is the farthest you have been from home? Umm, I'm not sure. Which is farther? Cyprus or Chile? Probably Chile.
  41. Do you have a special talent? I'm pretty good at coming up with creative skits or ideas. I sometimes think I missed my calling, and should be in a more creative line of work.
  42. Where were you born? Loveland, Colorado. (Valentines Day is on a whole nother level in Loveland.)
  43. What superpower would you like? Teleporting. I'd be so convenient for local travel.

4 comments:

erinmalia said...

it's too bad you don't have the super cable because given your interest in strong man competitions, you might like to see reruns of american gladiator. they're great. i know you miss nitro.

Daniel said...

I know that you prefer a happy ending, but I would take watching you watch a scary movie any day! The Ring - that goes down in my favorite moments ever journal. (I don't really have one of those.)

Gretchen said...

nckuhn, I want you to know that that Ring Girl literally haunted me for months. I kept expecting her to pop up behind me in the mirror. I think that was the last scary movie I watched.

But, that being said, it was pretty funny! And you should start a favorite moments journal ... that'd be pretty cool!

@ erin: You KNOW I miss Nitro! How could I not? I really loved that show. I'm jealous you get to watch it with your superior cable.

Camie said...

DK- I thought of The Ring when I read this list too. It really was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. And it stopped me from being scared of the movie. Thanks G, you are a true friend.