Monday, July 14, 2008

Sweatbands, Not Just for Frenzied TV Surfing Anymore


I played Wii for the first time on Friday night with my friend Bryan. And, I'm pleased to let you know that I ROCKED IT! Well, not the bowling, or the golf. But the Tennis was mine all mine.

I didn't think I'd ever have an occasion to wear the smooth wrist sweatbands my pal Melissa gave me for Christmas (that girl is an alchemist at a dollar store; nimbly converting trash to treasures). But playing Wii is ideal for wearing sweatbands! First, they keep your hand from getting sweaty so you won't drop the remote. Second, they keep the wrist strap on the remote from chaffing your delicate wrist. Third, they inspire a little bit of WATCH-OUT! - I'm-One-BAD-MOTHER-of-a -WII-Player into your opponents mind, making your win that much easier.

Listen, don't mock. Hand-eye coordination isn't going to give me any kind of advantage. The only thing I've got in my arsenal is terry cloth. So GAME ON, SUCKAS!!!

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

anytime you want to get your wii-hula-hoop on, you know where to find me.

and i've really had this desire to make sweatbands for rhett lately. since i can't put flowers as big as his head on him, sweatbands are second best. hmm...maybe i can alter the adult ones for a baby?

Bone said...

A couple of my friends have Wii's, so I've gotten to play a few times. Except they never want to play the cool sports games, only Mario Kart, which I suck at.

Leslie said...

ooo, my sister loves wii fit. i wonder if you need the remote for that. i'm wii-handicapped, as we don't own one. maybe for christmas (that's what we tell our 5 year old).

BUT, if she could use sweatbands, she's gettin em from me for her bday. thanks! :)

Corey said...

i beg your pardon, but i do believe it was my butt you kicked at tennis! :)

Daniel said...

I don't know if it's appropriate to make this observation, being that I'm happily married and all, but if no one else is going to say it than I will. G- you look hot. I think that I'm allowed to say that because I'm certain that KT would agree.