Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Unfettered

Eighteen months ago ........

I wouldn't smile too widely because see that left front tooth? I HATED IT. Longer than the rest, it was the focal point of all of my self-consciousness. Even my jiggly butt failed to attract my criticism - all self loathing was reserved for THAT DAMN TOOTH.

So I did something about it.




Such a charmer with my braceface, doncha think? For all of you teens/adults out there that think you shouldn't get braces because it will dampen your social life ... let me tell you, it doesn't. I did just fine with the mens during this time of supposed social leprosy. It was a real lesson to me that if you are happy and have a good sense of humor you are just as attractive as someone that doesn't have metal welded to their face.

And now, today, I am reveling in their straightness and the fact that I got a few years put back onto my age. I don't look like I'm 17 anymore.


Hello beautiful teeths! I knew you were in there somewhere.

Oh, Biting! How I've missed you. Carrots, Celery, Apples! No longer shall we be parted!

But you know the thing I'm most excited about? Besides the straightness of them, of course. Is the Flossing .... oh how I've missed the flossing!

9 comments:

liloat said...

You look awesome gretch!

Leslie said...

those are some perfect teeth! how pretty you look.

Sandra said...

Beautiful teeth! I remember my days with braces and you are right about the social life...life goes on and the results are well worth it.

betsey said...

Gorgeous! The day the braces come off is a big deal, but seriously...you are going to keep us all in suspense about the apartment!?!?!? Come On! When are we going to find out if we can all be super jealous of your glamourous life on Capital Hill??!?!?!?!

erinmalia said...

dang. your teeth look awesome! you need to have a party and only serve the previously-off-limits food that you desired so much.

Bry said...

thank god! we can be friends again ;)

Camie said...

so cute!

holly b said...

wahoo! i keep waiting for us to get good enough dental for me to get braces. you give me hope!! and you look fabulous!

I hope you get that Cap Hill place!!

Alicia said...

What a Beauty! I love your pearly whites and white they are! Congratulations on your long awaited unveiling.