Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Weekend of Canceled Plans

I went into this Memorial Day weekend with A LOT of things on my plate. I was exhausted just thinking about all of the plans I had. But this was the weekend where one thing after another got canceled, so that by the end only about 3% actually became a reality. Instead, I've been slacking off and hemorrhaging money at various Memorial Day sales. This is what I should have been doing:

Saturday:
  • Volunteer at the Botanic Gardens - Canceled due to my extreme laziness
  • Hair Appointment - Canceled due to a house showing at the hairdresser's
  • Gym - completed
  • Buy a new Camera - completed
  • Grocery store - completed
  • Laundry - completed
  • Shopping for new shoes and purse - unplanned but completed
  • Buy a few new books at Borders - unplanned but completed
  • Watch The Country Girl (which is a surprisingly great movie! It's Grace Kelly as you've never seen her. I highly recommend it!!) - unplanned, but totally worth it!

Sunday:
  • Church - Canceled due to another attack of my extreme laziness
  • Lunch date with a fellow from Virginia - Canceled due to him taking his mom to the ER
  • Walk to the video store to return my movies - completed
  • Detour during walk to talk a nap in the park - unplanned but necessary
  • Sunburn due to nap in the park - unplanned and undesired
  • Dinner date with a fellow in town from Seattle - Canceled because no firm plans were in place and he talks about himself in the 3rd person with a Fernando's Hideaway accent. ("Armand is being in town tonight. Would you like to get together with Armand?")

All in all, it wasn't a bad weekend. I just didn't do as much as I thought I would. But tomorrow! Tomorrow is when all of the really important things are happening!
  • Gym
  • Super Fun Time Pool with Camie and Anna
  • Slurpees (can be combined with either the item above or below)
  • Pedicures
  • Possibly see a Movie
  • Drive to the Outer Banks to begin my WEEK LONG BEACH VACATION!!!
So, as you can see, there had BETTER be a higher success rate. If nothing else, there will be the trip to the beach. All hail the beach! And All Hail Week Long Vacations!

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

you and your napping. it's quite astonishing.

soundofstilhed said...

did you nap on the astro turf park in Silver Sprung? I miss that area just a little.

Anonymous said...

You are going to LOVE the Outer Banks! Sad that we couldn't be there at the same time.